Monday, July 8, 2013

Having babies makes me think

One of the things I appreciate about my clients is what I learn from them by being their doula.  When I am asked to be someones doula, I always research such things as posterior babies, transverse babies, placenta abnormalities and the list can go on and on.  Every birth is so different from any of the others I have witnessed, from the 30 hour plus to the 3 hour, vbacs and cesarean,  each is one of a kind.






So today, I was asked by a fellow doula if I would help her teach a couple that because of hospital restrictions is only allow so many people in the birthing room.  After some thought I said, sure why not.  So now I am doing my research as to the best way to present to someone how they can be a doula for the women who will be having her baby.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized - what an honor.  To be able to have the support of your husband and the support of the couple who would be adopting their baby. What greater joy could there be.  So now I am excited because I get to teach a soon to be mom how to be a doula for her baby's mother.  Is that cool or what.

No comments:

Post a Comment